Module 1 — 65 minutes
- Discuss the legal implications of limited ultrasound in obstetrics.
- Describe medical implications for the limited ultrasound in obstetrics
- Discuss why trained medical personnel are the only one who should interpret limited ultrasounds in obstetrics.
Module 2 — 78 minutes
- List the medical indications for limited obstetrical ultrasound.
- Discuss safety of diagnostic ultrasound.
- Discuss the guidelines for training in limited obstetrical ultrasound.
- Describe ultrasound transducers and their uses.
Module 3 — 55 minutes
- Recognizing the landmarks for limited OB ultrasound (uterus, cervix, vaginal canal, adnexa) to verify intrauterine pregnancy
- Identification and accurate measurement/assessment of gestational sac, fetal pole, yolk sac, and cardiac activity
- Recognizing signs of possible nonviable intrauterine pregnancy
Module 4 — 56 minutes
- List the incidence of malformations diagnosed by ultrasound.
- Describe the parts of a diagnostic obstetrical ultrasound.
- Identify the reasons for medical malpractice in ultrasound.
- Cite the basic physics of ultrasound.
Module 5 — 92 minutes
- Compare the performance of the targeted obstetrical ultrasound in contrast to the limited obstetrical ultrasound.
- Identify the uses of biometry in obstetrical ultrasound.
- Identify the ultrasound signs for aneuploidy in ultrasound.
- List the basic principles of Doppler ultrasound in pregnancy.
Module 6 — 52 minutes
- Recognizing pregnancy of undetermined location (PUL)
- Recognizing and knowing significance of subchorionic hemorrhage
- Recognizing pseudosac, free fluid in abdomen and other signs for ectopic pregnancy
- Identifying corpus luteum cyst in adnexa
Module 7 — Anticipated completion time: 12 hours
- Describe how to properly interpret/perform crown-rump lengths (CRLs)
- Describe how to properly interpret/perform biparietal diameter (BPD)
- Describe how to properly /perform head circumference (HC)
- Describe how to properly interpret/perform abdominal circumference (AC)
- Describe how to properly interpret/perform femur length (FL)